Home → News and Events → Jobs and Internships → Job Opening
JOIN THE ISACA – FIRST MEETING MARCH 7THPosted on: March 07, 2019
My name is Mitchell and I am the president of the new ISACA Chapter at UMass Boston. We are looking for students to join the organization and be able to benefit from the opportunities this nationally recognized organization can offer. Please Read more about the organization below:
As an independent, nonprofit, global association, ISACA engages in the development, adoption and use of globally accepted, industry-leading knowledge and practices for information systems. Previously known as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association, ISACA now goes by its acronym only, to reflect the broad range of IT governance professionals it serves.
ISACA provides practical guidance, benchmarks and other effective tools for all enterprises that use information systems. Through its comprehensive guidance and services, ISACA defines the roles of information systems governance, security, audit and assurance professionals worldwide. The COBIT framework and the CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC certifications are ISACA brands respected and used by these professionals for the benefit of their enterprises.
Goals of the organization:
· To promote the education of and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance;
· To encourage a free exchange of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members;
· To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance that can be beneficial to them and their employers;
· To communicate to management, auditors, universities and to IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure proper IT governance and the effective organization and utilization of IT resources; and
· To promote the Association’s professional certifications and IT governance
The Main mission we intend to promote through the tools provided by this orgraniztion include networking events, internships and security-related certifications. The ISACA organization will help our local chapter in the following ways:
Mentorship Funding for Events related to the ISACA mission Job Fairs Resume Development And more…
We will be holding a short introductory meeting for the new organization, during the IT Club meeting this Thursday March 7th at 3:25pm in University Hall, 4th Floor, Room 4100. After Spring Break, we will determine regular meeting times, pending the results of the survey attached below.
Club meeting time survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScqkzicPeH0VbkePFXHgComRxWFG_4Ion9RzTaRcCRgCZefJQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Please Email me with any questions.
President | IT Club @ UMass Boston
President | ISACA Chapter – Umass Boston
781-277-1193 | email@example.com