The CS department employs a network of 13 Dell PowerEdge R430/R620/R630/640 servers behind a Cisco PIX firewall to support our Computer Science and Information Technology courses. It also utilizes a 12TB Dell Equal Logic PS4100E and a 24TB Dell Equal Logic PS4210E file server for storing student, faculty, staff home and course directories. Students use PCs in the UNIX LAB, WEB LAB, and Information Technology Lab to access the servers for their programming assignments.
The UNIX LAB is equipped with:
- 34 Dell Optiplex 7040 workstations
- 2 networked HP M606dn printers
The WEB LAB is equipped with:
- 21 Dell Optiplex 7050 workstations
- 1 HP Laserjet 4300dtn printer
- This Lab has a SmartBoard display for interactive teaching and seminar presentations
The Information Technology Lab is equipped with:
- 11 Dell Optiplex 7060 workstations
- IT students use them to access Linux and Windows Virtual Machines running on the Dell PowerEdge servers
- This lab also has a SmartBoard display for interactive teaching and seminar presentations
All labs offer a 24x7 access and they are maintained by three full-time system staff and a number of student operators. Together, they man a help desk that provides customer support function to faculty, staff, and students. A faculty member serves as the lab director to supervise the full-time system staff and set department IT policies and procedures.
Please click here for our lab policies.
If you have any questions, please contact our operators at 617-287-6480.
For Operator Hours refer to the FAQ