CS 437/637 Database-Backed Web Sites and Web Services
Homework Assignment 3
|4:00 PM||Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Educational Goal:
- Create an HTML file echo.html, an external CSS file echo.css,
- (30 pts) echo.html has two text input fields,
User Name, Repeated User Name, and one COPY button.
- Only User Name is required.
- After a user enters a user name and clicks the Copy button, the same
user name should be displayed in the Repeated User Name textbox.
- If a user forgets to enter a user name and clicks the Copy button, an
error message “*Required” must be printed after the text input field
- (60 pts) Use echo.js for all the functions and echo.css to control
the page style.
( 10 pts) echo.html must be Valid XHTML 1.0
To show your readers that you have taken the care to create an interoperable Web page, you
should display this icon on the web pages. Here is the HTML you could use to add this icon to your Web
alt="Valid XHTML 1.0!" height="31" width="88" /></a>
Once the W3C icon is clicked, W3C MarkUp Validation Service
should valid your pages successfully.
- Turn in the paper copy and soft copy
Paper copies should be bound firmly together in one pack. 5 points
will be deducted for unbounded homework.
- echo.html source code
- echo.css source code
- echo.js source code
- the resulting web pages of various test inputs including at least one passing case (e.g., a correct name) and one failing case (e.g., no name provided)
- Turn in the paper copies of your web pages including the
CSS and HTML source
code and screen snapshots of the resulting web page. Hard copies should be bound firmly
together as one pack. 5 points will be deducted for unbounded homework.
- Submit the softcopy of the files through your Blackboard account.
Zip all the files including the cover page into one ZIP file. Name the ZIP file
- An invalid homework URL (You must provide URL in your cover page) results in 10
- No hard copies or soft copies results in 0 points.