IT 116: Introduction to Scripting
Sunday, January 28th at 11:59 PM
- Registration with the Piazza discussion area for this class - 15 points
- A message posted to this section - 70 points
- Forwarding your UMB email to an email account you check regularly - 15 points
- Register for the class discussion area on Piazza
- Go to https://piazza.com/umb/fall2017/it116/home
and create a Note (not a Question) in the hw1
directory in the class discussion area entitled "HW 1 IT 116"
- This post should contain the following
- The full spelling of your name.
- If your name is often mispronounced, how it should be pronounced.
- How you prefer to be addressed. For example, many men
whose first name is William are often called Bill.
- Do you have access to a computer with an Internet connection at home?
- Have you ever done any programming or scripting? If so,
please describe your experience briefly.
- If you have a job, how many hours a week do you work?
- How many courses are you taking this semester?
- How many of these courses are science, engineering, mathematics,
computer science or IT courses?
- Tell me a little about yourself.
- If you work, tell me what kind of work you do.
- (Optional) A link to a page with a picture of you or a file containing
a photograph of yourself. This will help me associate your name with your face.
- You must do this even if you have taken a class with me before
- Forward your UMB email to an account you check regularly
- I will use your UMB email address when I need to communicate with you
- All your scoring sheets will be sent to this account
- You must forward emails to this account to an account you check frequently
- Friday of next week I will send a test message to your UMB account
- The title of the message will be "IT 116 Homework 1 Test Message"
- You must reply to this message or you will lose 15 points