ARMiner is a client-server data mining application specialized in
finding association rules. The name ARMiner comes from Association
Rules Miner. ARMiner has been written in Java and it is distributed
under the GNU General Public
License. ARMiner has been developped at UMass/Boston as a Software
Engineering project in Spring 2000.
Last ARMiner Server version is 1.0a (12/05/2001). Last ARMiner Client
version is 1.0b (04/05/2001). Both the client and server were last
compiled using the Sun JDK 1.3.1
For another association rule mining project, check also ARtool.
- ARMiner Presentation - here
you can get an overview of the project.
- ARMiner F.A.Q. - please read this before
sending email, answers to frequently asked questions will be put
- Download ARMiner - as a
tar.gz file containing sources, manuals, and compiled code
(~1.1MB). Read the readme.txt for a
quickstart. A zip file can be downloaded here.
- ARMiner add-ons - stuff to use with ARMiner
like new datasets or algorithms .
Last news and updates:
ARMiner is currently maintained by Laurentiu Cristofor.
- 10/03/2006 - Due to space limitations, I removed the online
sources and documentation - these are now available only by
downloading the ARMiner archive file.
- 12/05/2001 - I fixed a couple of problems in the server, thus
bringing the server version number to 1.0a. I also updated the FAQ and
readme.txt, and added a link to the ARtool page. See readme.txt for more info on the changes
- 06/01/2001 - I added to the add-ons section an implementation of
the FP-growth algorithm of Han, Pei, and Yin from Simon Fraser
University and I have also put a link to their article on this
page. Note that I first added a version that had an error which I
replaced after 7 hours. If you got the first version then please
download the archive again.
- 05/16/2001 - I added a slightly modified version of the Closure
algorithm, called ClosureOpt, to the add-ons section. The archive
contains a readme.txt, the source, and a .jar file that can be
uploaded to an ARMiner server. Also set up an index page for ARMiner
add-ons and changed the section name from goodies.
- 05/04/2001 - I added some tools (db_asc_tools.tar.gz) in the
add-ons section for converting files between ARMiner's .db format and
a simple ASCII format (.asc). I hope these tools will make the
conversion of data for use with ARMiner easier than before. The tar.gz
archive contains the sources of the tools, a short tutorial for using
them, and a sample .asc file. The FAQ was also updated.
- 04/05/2001 - I have fixed some important problems with the server
and added some minor features to the client. For a detailed list of
the changes made see the readme.txt
file. The makefile that I just added a couple of days ago has been put
into the main distribution so it is no longer in the add-ons
- 04/03/2001 - I've updated the FAQ and added a makefile to the
- 02/29/2001 - I've recompiled the ARMiner client and server and
created new jar files. Somehow the distribution ended up with a client
and a server compiled with different versions of Java compilers and
this caused an error when trying to add a new database and maybe in
some other cases too. Now those problems should have been fixed.
- 11/30/2000 - A new version of ARMiner's server has been
released. The server was not generating all the possible rules, now
this has been fixed.
- 11/22/2000 - A new version of ARMiner's client and server has
been released. I have fixed most major problems with the client and
added an improvement to the synthetic data generator in the
server. For a list of the changes made see the readme.txt file.
- 11/15/2000 - I decided to start fixing the client code. This will
take me a while as I am quite busy and I'm doing this in the few spare
time I have. Stay tuned though for a future release of the client
- 11/02/2000 - added mushroom dataset to add-ons section.
Created on May 2nd, 2000 - Last updated on October 3rd, 2006